Search This Blog

Saturday 18 August 2012

White van vaping



Today I went out with my husband on deliveries in a white van. I did this once before when I was smoking. That time was a real pain. Had to leap out everytime we stopped at a delivery point so I could get my fix. Today was a pleasure - I just vaped.  I did recall a case when electronic cigarettes were very new, when a white van man was charged with smoking in his vehicle after a nosey parker spying on him while he ate his lunch in a parking lot, reported him. In the court case that followed, he was fined for smoking in the vehicle even though he demonstrated the electronic cigarette in court

Of course I was incensed at the injustice! I really enjoy that feeling. I will know I'm dead when I never have that feeling. The world is full of injustice so I am kept busy.

So, whilst sitting eating my lunch and vaping, it occurred to me that some other busy body might report me. I would have been proud to have had the opportunity to show my devices off in court!





3 comments:

  1. First off: I think your videos are informative and interesting and I'm glad you make them.

    Secondly: I can't believe that in The UK you're not allowed to smoke or vape in your car. Does this have to do with some sort of littering law, or does it have to do with being aware of your carbon footprint. Speaking of that, does this law expand to include smoking while walking down the street or standing outside a pub (if you're not allowed to smoke in a restaurant or pub)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here you are not allowed to smoke in a company vehicle - that includes if YOU are the owner of the vehicle! So far, this does not apply to private cars - but it's only a matter of time. In Wales I think that legislation is already in place.

      Currently, you may only smoke in an open space - or in your own home.

      Vaping is legal anywhere - I hope that lasts!

      Delete
  2. Likewise. You know you would be so well-received if you were able to come to one of the conventions in the States. I am going to a rather large event in October for VaperCon2. I would guess that if you attended that that you would instantly be recognizable by everyone there! Have a great day. I miss fish-n-chips and curry myself :)

    ReplyDelete