Search This Blog

Monday 15 October 2012

How us vapers can help

I am expecting a delivery tomorrow - so today I sorted out my vaping stuff. I find, over a year, I have collected at least three sets of batteries, cartomisers, e liquid and equipment that I have grown out of that would be useful to someone else.

During this year, I have already handed out three useable "sets" to people wanting to try vaping. One person, bought her own eventually, and is still vaping, which pleases me. Someone said to me - don't give things out "free" ! People really only appreciated something they paid for.

I look at it differently - I live in the country. There is no way you can quickly get an electronic cigarette here if you are suddenly enthused to use one because of my influence! I am right with them to show them how to fill a carto, to draw slowly, and how to use them. It's nice to say "Take it with you - see how you go". 

There is some inner feeling in the recipients (maybe) that "Liz gave this to me, I better try it again today".  I know one young student I gave a little set, only stopped using it because the charger broke. Well, replacing it is up to him - but he is back home in Cypress. I don't know what happens in Cypress.

So, why hold on to perfectly useable stuff when we have grown out of it? Give it away!

I think when someone is enthused by what WE do, we should strike while the iron is hot!

1 comment:

  1. I see it like you Liz. A friend's wife was trying to give up and hated all the disposible e-cigs she had tried. I started with The Smoker's Angel lookalies and had plenty of spare batteries (One free with every 6 packs of refill cartridges) so gave her a couple along with a surplus charger and case. The only items I would have used were a couple of cartridges but it gave her a ready starter kit to try, and she loved it. She is now buying her own cartridges and not touched a real cigarette since - success.

    If we want to help by giving surplus stock to others to try, then that is up to us. It also helps spread the word to others about the healthier alternative. And it gives us more room if we want to consider trying something new ourselves. :D

    ReplyDelete