Search This Blog

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Update on my recent letters.....farting against thunder!

In my blog post Want to help? How to write to your EU MEP. Read here I led you to a link where Clive Bates tells us how to protest by writing letters.

I did it. I know others who did it too, some at the impetus of my blog and also my video. This is my story.

Clive Bates' link caused my computer to open up Microsoft Mail which I don't do, so I had to copy each e mail address individually from the EU Website and send them off from my own mail box.

My letter was very different - but followed some of his points. I wrote on the 8th February 2014.

I know they went through to the following people because I got one automatic reply from Rebecca Harms telling me "Thank you for your email. Please take note that our office in the European Parliament is closed. We will be back on January 7, 2013. For press requests, please get back to Helmut Weixler: 0032 475671340. eMails will be checked again as from January 3.
Yours , Büro Rebecca Harms

I wrote to :-

To: President of the European Parliament:Martin Schulz MEP (S&D) [contact form for President]
CC: Political Group Leaders: Joseph Daul MEP (EPP); Hannes Swoboda MEP (S&D); Guy Verhofstadt MEP (ALDE); Rebecca Harms MEP & Daniel Cohn Bendit MEP (Greens-EFA); Gabrielle Zimmer MEP (GUE-NGL); Nigel Farrage MEP & Francesco Enrico Speroni MEP (EFA)
CC: My own MEP - Chris Davies 

I wrote different e mails to Chris Davies THREE times.

I have had no acknowledgement from anyone.

If anyone else has had a ripple of life from any of these people who are supposed to represent us, it would be good to know. They meet soon.

I have just become too disillusioned for words. I have always hated the double speak and arse creeping that goes on in politics generally, and the corruption and nepotism that exists in it. The older I get the more I see that democracy does not exist. We fought for two years here in my village to stop "the pole" but it was erected anyway - and we are supposed to be in a "National Park" - protected! I'm sure the financial rewards were extensive for them. But not a penny came to OUR village.

So now I'm going to do absolutely NOTHING! I have to regenerate myself.

I am not holding my breath for a separate discussion/vote on Article 18. Electronic cigarettes were not placed within the Tobacco Directive for nothing. There are forces at work much more powerful than any of us - including Clive Bates, who is fighting for something in a vicious system which he, as ASH director got implemented in the first place. I'm hoping he has some clout in the rip-tide of antismoking/antivaping tsunami that has overcome our world. But, frankly, I doubt it.

But I have had enough. Right now I think I am farting against thunder.