Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Brick walls in the UK

                     





I'm forever hitting my head against a brick wall...



I sent this letter to my MP just before the Christmas break.

Dear xxx,

Thank you so much for your Christmas card.

I am writing to ask you to read this post by Clive Bates about the coming Tobacco Products Directive, especially Article 20 which will short-sightedly completely wreck Vaping as we know it.

This post is packed with information a politician should know.

I am a Vaper - one of THREE MILLION in the UK. I have not had a cigarette for four and a half years.  I have a YouTube channel that promotes vaping rather than smoking. This channel might be banned under the new legislation. This is my latest VIDEO that talks about the "sword of Damocles" that hangs over our heads from April next year. 

Article 20 is a travesty of legislation which, by being members of the EU, the UK has to implement. Tobacco Control has over-stepped itself by even including Vaping in the Tobacco Control Directive. We spent the whole of 2013 trying to get some sanity about Vaping in Article 20. Anna Soubry, our Health Minister, actually voted FOR the Tobacco Control Directive without notifying parliament about her intentions, and making the excuse "she didn't know there was anything about vaping in it"! Fortunately she was made Minister of Defence shortly thereafter, and didn't seem to know much about that either!

So, as our MP, and also the leader of the Libdems,it is very important to me to know that you absolutely understand what a terrible set of laws Article 20 is for Vapers and Vaping, and indeed for the UK.

Here is Clive Bates post for today. The Counterfactual

We really do need all politicians to understand what is happening so that this country can avoid the error that the EU has made on our behalf. 

I know it is Christmas and you will be busy, but you might have some time for homework!

I wish you a really happy time with your lovely family. You deserve it!

Yours sincerely,

I got a nice reply - here.

Dear Liz



Thank you very much for your recent email with regard to EU Article 20 which puts vaping in jeopardy.



I am grateful for your advice upon this threat and I am pleased to confirm that I have written to the Secretary of State to urge him to provide us with full explanation of the remedial actions that the Government will take to safeguard vaping.  I will write again, when I have received the response.



With best wishes



Yours sincerely

Yesterday, the result of my protest letter came in -

 Dear Liz

Please find attached the response from the Minister for Public Health to the letter that I wrote on your behalf with regard to the implementation of the EU Directive on Tobacco Products.
I do hope that the assurances from the Minister will overcome the criticism of Clive Bates so that the beneficial effects of vaping will not be lost. With best wishes Yours sincerely


And HERE is the letter! Don't hold your breath!




What INFORMATION did you GAIN from reading all this?

I'll tell you - ZILCH, NOTHING, NADDA, NAUGHT, CIPHER, GOOSE EGG, NIL, NOTHING, 0, OH, ZERO, ZIP.


No comments:

Post a Comment